Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Sleep, love & time travel, and Holiday Charities

Dear people who visit this blog. That is if anyone actually does. It's time for me to ramble again. I Jacqueline Milom an independent writer who is far from full of herself, but pretends to be in hopes that someone will actually pay attention to her writings, (is it working yet?) have a lot to say.

Though I am sure that right there broke all sorts of grammatical rules and was a run on. But we'll forgive me for now because it's two in the morning. Anyways back on track. I just finished Timeless and now I am sad. You know that feeling of urgency when you read a book, that feeling where you just got to get to the end or you'll die? the dramatic feeling where you just can't sit still unless you find out what happens, and then you finally get to the end of the book and a depressing feeling takes over. That dark sad cloud that says oh no what will I do I finished, and it's the final book in the series and I won't have anymore of so and so character. Yet it's too soon to re-read it. Ugh. Michelle seems the type of author who doesn't disapprove of fan fiction. So I am sure there will be plenty of it for me to read. Anyone got links they can send me to? Anyways time for a slight review. Well...see...um...I don't really want to give anything away. I don't do reviews because I tend to spoil a lot. I am bad at that. So let me try my best. Short summary of the book. Well it's about love and time travel oh and Christmas. That's about as much as I could say without giving away anything super big. Can I just say I've seen too much Vampire diaries recently....every time the phrase always and forever was said in the book I kept picturing Daniel Gillies writing a gorgeous love note to Nina Dobrev. Aka Elijah and Elena. So...now that I got my minor random Elejah shipping moment out of the way that just was too random, I can get back to the task. (Though only those who watch TVD would get the joke and why always and forever tied into a vampire show)

Elizabeth Davenport has been cursed and see's a lot of dead crows in the beginning. Poor Crows. If anyone is wondering why Michelle chose crows it's probably because crows are often times associated with death, or darkness. A "flock" of crows is called a Murder of Crows. I am pretty sure flock is the wrong term here since well they are called Murder of Crows when they all fly together like that. It's said no one knows where the term Murder of Crows comes from but I am pretty sure it's simply just apart of the whole symbol of something bad. I could make a Damon Salvatore Crow joke here that would be more of a reference to the TVD books than the actual show as he turns into a crow more in the novels than he does in the tv series. But one random TVD nod is enough. And at least the other one was a romantic nod that almost fit the topic at hand. I get off topic in reviews on purpose ladies and gentlemen. It's my way of trying not to spoil everything. Keeping myself in check.

So Lizzie must go back to the beginning to fix it all alongside her best friend. Who was her FORMER best friend 1 and a half books ago. And now they're all buddy buddy let's stop this curse again! WOOOOHOOO that put a smile to my face. Then you get to the time travel part and realize every teen who was reincarnated in the series, has a different first name in the present besides Lizzie and Drew. However each first name still began with the same letter as their past selves. Catherine-Chelsea. James-Jeremy. Kate-Keelie. Now to ponder what Shannon, Amber and Hannah's past selves names would be! Then it turns into a super duper mystery and that's pretty fun. Should I say what kind of mystery? NO!!! it's a spoiler if I do. Let's just say Lady Givens aka Chelsea's mama from 1815 has a lot of explaining to do.

Yes I stayed up all night reading that book. I ended up passing out on a friend while we were having a What I like about you marathon. Now I am fairly wide awake and nowhere near sleep. So I decided to post on here and try to actually maintain this site and update it. I do intend to finish up the Companion and somehow publish it somewhere. I don't know where yet. or when but it'll happen. Also since Christmas is coming up and I am always in a giving mood I want to talk charities as always. Things you can always donate to that I support...Ian Somerhalder foundation especially for you animal lovers. Askargard.net hosts a lot of charities that Alexander Skarsgard supports, and of course I am gonna be putting up for sale on this site soon Writing Letters to Morrison and anything I make from it I'll donate to some charities. If I forget any links just remind me and I'll give you them when I am less out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment